Thursday 2 May 2013

0046 - 0049 - Hang Tight Records stuff

I like pop-punk. I'm not gonna hide that fact either. I needed some pop-punk to listen too because at the time, all I was listening to was really dark, angry hardcore and grind. I came across UK label Hang Tight Records while trawling Facebook at check out the store (sadly they are now running down their stock and closing). They were having a sale of sorts, so I bought these four records:-

0046 - Challenges/Who's Driving? Bear's Driving! - Split 7"



As always, it was the artwork that drew me to this release. The cover was actually a fold-over cover that could be turned over depending on which band's artwork you wanted showing. The pics above are the front and back of Challenges cover art.



This is the Who's Driving? Bear's Driving! artwork.

Each band has two tracks on this release:-

Side A - Who's Driving? Bear's Driving!
1. I Like You A Latte
2. Sympathy

Side B - Challenges
3. Present For A Best Friend
4. Everyone Loves Maverick



The 7" was pressed on Yellow w/Blue splatter vinyl and includes cool centre stickers that mark which band is on which side, as well as their song titles.

There were 400 of these pressed in total as far as I can tell.

This is a great little split between a UK and a US punk bands. It's short but makes up for it in the quality of the songs.

Challenges - https://www.facebook.com/ChallengesMusic
Who's Driving? Bear's Driving - https://www.facebook.com/whosdrivingbearsdriving

0047 - Carridale - Relapse In The River City 12"

I decided to take a punt of a few other records, so decided to grab this 12" first. Carridale are a US punk band and it was the first time I'd come across them.



The packaging for the LP was pretty simple. Heck, it didn't even come with a lyric insert!

The LP itself contains seven songs:-

1. How Did I End Up Here?
2. A Lesson in Sematics
3. Count On Me
4. One Girl's Trash is Another Girl's Trash
5. Relapse in the River City
6. Circular Logic
7. My Oubliette




I picked up the clear colour-way of this records. There's no real way of discerning which is side A or B as the centre stickers are both the some, although one side contains four tracks and the other three.

There were two other colour-ways as well as this one. I've also included the pressing info below:-

70 on Clear
170 on Semi-Translucent Brown
195 on Black

Again, this record is well worth getting if you want to take a punt at some decent and melodic pop-punk.

Carridale - https://www.facebook.com/carridalemusic

0048 - Me vs Hero - Days That Shape Our Lives 12"

The second of my random buys was this one from Me Vs Hero.



This has grown to be one of my favourite records, purely for the feel good factor.

Tracklist:-

1. Can You Count Sucker?
2. Days That Shape Our Lives
3. Cashing Cheques
4. Star Raiders and Space Invaders
5. Draw The Line
6. She Still Knows
7. A Loss In The Ranks
8. What Seems To Be The Officer, Problem?
9. My Warren Sense is Tingling
10. We're Not Going Home (we don't care what time it is)



This record did come with a decent lyric insert which doubled up as the records inner sleeve.



The record is bright green and has centre stickers which tell you the sides and the songs.

Pressing info is below:-

100 on Translucent Green/Blue Splatter
400 on Translucent Green

You should get this record.

Me Vs Hero - https://www.facebook.com/mevshero

0049 - With The Punches - It's Not The End Of The World 12"

The last record I got was from NY pop-punkers With The Punches.





Again, the lyric insert also acted as the inner record sleeve

The record itself only contains five songs, so is more like an EP.

Tracklist:-

1. Never Stop
2. No...I'm Not Going To 80's Night
3. No Blood, No Foul
4. Dead Weight
5. Hulk Hands



I really like the glossy red of this record.

There was two colour-ways pressed for this record. Pressing details are below:-

65 on Clear/Red Splatter
365 on Red

With The Punches - https://www.facebook.com/withthepunches

As I mentioned above, Hang Tight Records is no longer operation as a label. If you want to check out any of these records, you'd be best to approach the bands to find out where they are stocked or look on Discogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment