Wednesday 20 February 2013

0036 - Comity - The Journey Is Over Now 2x12"


I first got into Comity when I reviewed them here. I think it was UK label Enjoyment Records that originally got in touch with me about a review and when I went browsing through their webstore while writing it, I noticed they had copies and bought one.

So to the record and the thing that hit me when I was reviewing it was the artwork. When I got the record in the post, it seemed even more impressive. Checkout the front and back cover below:-



The artwork is wrapped around the whole of the release and there's a really nice tough below, in that there's a CD included on the inside of the sleeve with artwork to match what it's obscuring. I think more labels/bands should do this.



The record itself was pressed on black vinyl, with big centre stickers.






Tracklist:-

1. Part I
2. Part II
3. Part III
4. Part IV

This record is an epic slab of angular, challenging hardcore in the vein of bands like Converge and The Dillinger Escape Plan. It's not those with short attention spans.

To carry on the theme of the record, four postcards were included in the package.



Pressing Info

The record was released cooperatively by French label Throatruiner Record and the aforementioned Enjoyment Records in the UK.

There were 500 copies pressed on black vinyl. I can't find exact pressing volumes for each label, but I presume that each label had 250 each.

You can still buy the record from both labels below:-

Enjoyment Records - http://enjoymentrecords.bigcartel.com/
Throatruiner Records - http://store.throatruinerrecords.com/

Comity can be found here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comity

You have to buy this record for the artwork alone and even if you don't have a turntable, it comes with a CD. What's not to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment