Monday 23 December 2013

0062 - Terzij De Horde - A Rage of Rapture Against The Dying of The Light 12"

When I first started my blog This Noise Is Ours, I wrote a long-running series of features/reviews of Dutch bands because I loved No Turning Back and I wanted to explore more bands from the region. One band I came across was atmospheric/post-black metal band Terzij De Horde.

I got the chance to review this record digitally and then when I was browsing the distro at Feast of Tentacles, I came across a copy and ordered it straight away.




I think this was one of the first gatefold records I owed and is still one of the only post-black/black metal records in my collection.

The record features four songs:-

1. Prometheans
2. Vertigo: The Mithraic Ritual
3. The Roots of Doomsday Anxiety
4. Non Timetis Messor

Each side of the record features two tracks.



I really like the attention to detail on the LP. The centre stickers match the artwork and have the bands logo on, as well as the song appearing on each side.

The record was pressed by Antithetic Records and was limited to 500 copies on two colour-ways.

300 on Black vinyl (The first 100 were hand numbered)
200 on Gold Vinyl

Both versions are available from Antithetic and they're even selling test-presses. Head to their store here - http://www.antitheticrecords.com/shop/terzij-de-horde-a-rage-of-rapture/

I strongly recommend this record to anyone who likes musical, forward-thinking post-black metal. The songs are expansive but also accessible.

Terzij De Horde Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/terzijdehorde
Antithetic Records Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AntitheticRecords

No comments:

Post a Comment